Thursday, September 11, 2008

Bullwinkle McCain: "WATCH ME PULL A RABBIT OUT OF MY HAT!"

.
Well, hot dog! Chuck Baldwin of The Constitution Party hit the nail fairly squarely on the head. His brief article, “CAN TWO WALK TOGETHER WITHOUT AGREEMENT?” – based on the Amos 3:3 Biblical verse - really goes to the heart of the Sarah Palin selection as John McCain’s vice presidential running mate.

Mr. Baldwin and I might not see entirely eye-to-eye when it comes to whether or not we believe that Palin is a true and thorough conservative of the limited government, strictly Constitutional, purely patriotic variety, but I don’t find a whole lot to argue with in his assessment. I will say, however, that I believe a “real” conservative (a la Ron Paul) would not want his or her name and reputation sullied by appearing on the same ticket with John McNeocon. (And in an oblique manner, Baldwin even illustrates this point in his article by mentioning the fact that Ron Paul stated he would have been forced to turn down any invitation to run with McNeocon.)

Had I been previously considering casting my vote for McCain (not in a million years! not if you stick a million needles in my eye!), the sheer transparency of his pandering to women generally and more specifically to disgruntled Nurse Hellary Ratched voters by selecting Palin would have turned me off big time. (Sorry, John, I’m not one to fall for the ol’ banana in the tail pipe!) This man is PURE POLITICIAN, while I’m looking for a LEADER and a STATESMAN to occupy the White House.

Mr. Baldwin speculates that:

“The best thing that can happen to Sarah Palin is for John McCain to lose the November election. This would allow her to go into the 2012 elections as perhaps the Republican Presidential frontrunner. If McCain wins in November, and Palin is forced to serve at the pleasure of this globalist insider for four years, she will be forever ruined as a genuine constitutional conservative.”

Now, I can scarcely imagine that Palin would ever be the frontrunner in a future election; she’s getting her 15 minutes of international fame now, strictly for political expediency: put male parts on Palin and you wouldn’t know any more about her today than you did two months ago. Change her gender and she’d be hunting moose in Alaska this afternoon. You know it and I know it! Her selection by McNeocon was, however, a good move from a strictly political point of view: there’s a sucker born every minute and some of ‘em vote. But has Bullwinkle McCain truly pulled a rabbit out of his… uhm… hat? He’s thrown women a bone and it certainly won’t hurt his chances, but is it enough to walk away from what looked to be a brutal beating? I have deep doubts.

And as far as 2012 elections are concerned… color me skeptical – I’m not certain that our country will survive the next four years, regardless of whether it’s McNeocon or B.O. in The Whore House. I believe we’ve reached the beginning of the end.

But hey, enough of my yakking -- I don’t want you reading what I have to say; I only sent out the memo and called this meeting so you could see what Chuck Baldwin of THE CONSTITUTION PARTY has to say. Here’s the link, boys an’ girls:

http://www.constitutionparty.com/news.php?aid=770

Yakkingly Yours . . .

~ Stephen T. McCarthy
.

1 comment:

--> NOTE: COMMENT MODERATION IS ACTIVATED. <--
All submitted comments that do not transgress "Ye Olde Comment Policy" will be posted and responded to as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to comment.