Monday, December 7, 2009

ANNOUNCEMENT: ‘FERRET-FACED FASCIST FRIENDS’ RECEIVES MAJOR AWARD!

.

.
It is my great pleasure to inform everyone not reading this Blog that ‘FERRET-FACED FASCIST FRIENDS’ is the recipient of the prestigious MITIBA. As I’m sure everyone is already aware, MITIBA is pronounced “MY-TEA-BUH” and it is the acronym for one of the most respected honors in Blogland: the ‘Most Informative Totally Ignored Blog Award.’

I was informed just this morning that ‘Ferret-Faced Fascist Friends’ had been nominated by Mr. Frank X. Farrell of the MITIBA board of directors and that it won the award after receiving unanimous approval by the MITIBA election committee.

Unfortunately, the MITIBA is just an honorary thang – I mean, it doesn’t come with a cash award, a gift certificate, or even a case of Mad Dog 20/20. In fact, there isn’t even a trophy to display alongside my old Little League ribbons. Nevertheless, I consider it a great honor to have had my Blog named as a MITIBA winner; I feel quite proud of this accomplishment and I hereby vow to continue to conduct myself personally and continue to direct this Blog in a way that is synonymous with the high standards set by former MITIBA recipients.

I wish to thank Mr. Frank X. Farrell and the entire MITIBA election committee for bestowing upon ‘Ferret-Faced Fascist Friends’ and myself this illustrious award. And, naturally, I wish to thank YOU, my nonreaders, for making it all possible.

Sincerely Grateful,
~ Stephen T. McCarthy
Benevolent Dictator Of ‘Ferret-Faced Fascist Friends’
.

4 comments:

  1. Here one of your faithful readers tried to pass on some "real" awards to you but you rejected them. But if you had accepted mine you probably would never been eligible for your current award which is far funnier and I like the way it looks better. Congratulations.

    Oh, should you delete my acknowledgement? Lest Frank X sees that somebody reads your blog and takes this prestigious award from underserving paws?

    I didn't see, hear, or read nothing. Just passing by.
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. `
    Ha!-Ha! Thanks, rLEE-b. And you are hereby given one of my "Classic Comment" awards for literally making me laugh out loud.

    But you don't know that, of course, because you were merely "passing by" and never happened to return this way again [Wink!-Wink!] ;o)

    ~ Stephen
    Doggtor Of Ignored Blog Bits

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is very odd that so many of these prestigious organizations have administrators with unusual names, don't you? Frank X. Ferrell?

    If I were he, I would legally change my name to one that has a better ring to it... like Ike Lardner, or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, well, well... Somebody here really knows his stuffs. Er... I mean, really knows his ferret-faced fascism. (Forgot which Blog I was posting on momentarily there.)

    Well, color me gone, 6Boy. I gotta go ring Lardner now and see if he has that money he owes me.

    ~ "Lonesome Dogg" Stevieboy

    ReplyDelete

--> NOTE: COMMENT MODERATION IS ACTIVATED. <--
All submitted comments that do not transgress "Ye Olde Comment Policy" will be posted and responded to as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to comment.