Saturday, September 25, 2010

HOOK, LINE, AND SINKER

.

.
And then she says to me, "Oh, stop your blubbering. So I'm leaving you for a woman - take it like a man! Besides, there are other fish in the sea."
.
So I'm going to the sea to see.
.
In this case, the "sea" being the Horse-A-Round merry-go-round bar at Circus-Circus in Las Vegas, Nevada.
.
.
But, your questions, your compliments, your outraged indignation - keep it all a-comin' and I will address your comments upon my return next Wednesday or Thursday. (Unless, of course, I don't return because I've won a million dollars and run off with a cocktail waitress, a Vegas showgirl, or some horse's ass.)
.
~ Stephen T. McCarthy
D-FensDogg of the 'Loyal American Underground'
.
YE OLDE COMMENT POLICY: All comments, pro and con, are welcome. However, ad hominem attacks and disrespectful epithets will not be tolerated (read: "posted"). After all, this isn’t Amazon.com, so I don’t have to put up with that kind of bovine excrement.
.

4 comments:

  1. You're always on the go. Hope you have fun and hope you win 10 million dollars.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. r-LEE-b ~
    Thanks for the good wishes. But I'm back, which tells you plenty about the 10 mil.

    Nah, I'm not really "always on the go" - it just seems that way because this is my second trip in just a few weeks time. But prior to this spree I hadn't been away on a "real" trip since May of 2009, and I probably won't go on another one until next Summer.

    In my old age I've found that 4 or 5 days at a stretch is allz I can standz. Used to be I could go "on the road" for 2 or 3 weeks straight. Now it gets old quick.

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can go a few weeks away from home as long as I have comfortable beds, clean bathrooms, safe places to stay, and good food. Of course, that gets expensive so I don't do it that much. But I know what you mean. I used to just take off and sleep in my van or if I was hitchhiking, unroll my sleeping bag in a suitable place or stay with someone--it was almost like being homeless.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. LEE ~
    That sounds like fun. I've enjoyed some really spontaneous, low-maintenance traveling as well... in my day. But "my" day has come and gone and I'd now rather relive the memories than relive the experiences.

    For me it's not so much about comfort, clean bathrooms and good food, but more just about wanting to get back to my "boring routine". I'm too old now for excitement and besides, the arthritis probably wouldn't appreciate a sleeping bag just laid out in the dirt in the middle of nowhere like in the old days.

    ~ D-FensDogg
    All Traveled Out

    ReplyDelete

--> NOTE: COMMENT MODERATION IS ACTIVATED. <--
All submitted comments that do not transgress "Ye Olde Comment Policy" will be posted and responded to as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to comment.