Sunday, December 16, 2012

DON'T THEY KNOW IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD?

.
How could I resist this one? . . . 
.
.
.
Coming to ‘Ferret-Faced Fascist Friends’ 
on Friday, December 21st.
.
The rules are simple:
.
1. Choose your apocalypse
.
2. Sign up on the linky
.
3. Tell us how you prepared for your survival amongst everyone else's demise
.
4. Describe your apocalypse and how it's going down
.
5. Make sure the badge is displayed on your blog
.
6. Visit your fellow survivors and see how their world ended
.
Other than that, make it whatever you'd like!
.
We've only got a week before the world ends, so please help get the word out!
.
.
My McBuddy, ARLEE BIRD of the blog 'Tossing It Out', made me aware of this blogfest.
.
I've been looking forward to the end of the world for a long time now, and I figured I might as well have the last word... so I signed up.
.
See ya at the beginning of the end,
With a glass of bourbon in my hand,
And a smile upon my face
For the whole human race.
Adios!
.
~ Stephen T. McCarthy
.
Sign up for the 'CHOOSE YOUR OWN APOCALYPSE' BLOGFEST
by clicking HERE. I triple-dog dare ya!
.

Skeeter Davis - "The End Of The World" (1962)

.
.
.
YE OLDE COMMENT POLICY: All comments, pro and con, are welcome. However, ad hominem attacks and disrespectful epithets will not be tolerated (read: "posted"). After all, this isn’t Amazon.com, so I don’t have to put up with that kind of bovine excrement.
.

6 comments:

  1. I had no idea you were taking part in this. Needless to say, I'm really excited to see what you come up with. Don't hold back, now. Don't hold back for a second.

    Wait, now I remember who I'm talking to... as you were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun, in a twisted kinda way. I won't be participating, but I'm all for sipping some bourbon and trying to make time to see how everybody else wants to end it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, Stephen, ya twisted my arm.

    Who says the world hasn't already ended and we're simply plugged into the Obama Matrix?

    LC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're in for this one. I'm anxious to read your post, although Friday can take it's good old time getting here as I don't like to rush through life. It goes fast enough.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did think of you when I first heard about this Blogfest. I can hardly wait to see what your personal Apocalypse and particular survival skills will be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEER BOY ~
    Ha!-Ha! Funny comment, Bro. And, by the way, I've been using that "as you were" bit for many years.

    Incidentally, I was quite serious about the comment I left on yer blog this morning. There's no way I would ever read an entire book on a computer monitor, but if you blokes ever do publish 'Slim Dyson' on paper, I will definitely buy myself a copy of it.

    SUSAN ~
    "Twisted"? Did someone say "twisted"? Heck, that's me! And twisted is as twisted does, doo-wah-doo-bee. (I'm not sure what that means, so just nod and smile.)

    DiscConnected ~
    >>...Who says the world hasn't already ended and we're simply plugged into the Obama Matrix?

    Damn it, man, that's GREAT! (But you were supposed to wait until December 21st to unveil it.)

    BOIDMAN ~
    Thanks for making me aware of it. I had most of my Apocalyptic scenario figured out even before I entered my blog's title on the Linky thang. (It doesn't take ME long to figure out how to end "this world".)

    FarAwayEyes ~
    My Apocalyptic entry might not be one of the more popular ones, but I think it'll be one of the shortest and wildest.

    But as far as my "particular survival skills" go, that's the one area in which I am NOT playing by the Blogfest rules. Neither I nor anyone else is going to survive my Apocalypse scenario. Only the dog will survive (as is proper).

    ~ Stephen

    ReplyDelete

--> NOTE: COMMENT MODERATION IS ACTIVATED. <--
All submitted comments that do not transgress "Ye Olde Comment Policy" will be posted and responded to as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to comment.