Sunday, February 4, 2018

DENNIS PRAGER AND I (Or, REVISITING AN OLD MENTOR)

.
LOOSE DOGS ~

With the start of 2018, my schedule at work changed. Instead of beginning at 6:30 AM, I now start at 7:00. This was one of the very few times when in fact "change" really WAS "good".

Unfortunately, though, I've discovered that I no longer get to listen to Adrian Rogers sermons on my drive into work. The good news, however, is that I now hear Dr. James Dobson's 'Family Talk' on the radio during my harrowing drive on Reno's dangerous 395. 

Last week I got to hear an excellent recently recorded lecture from Dennis Prager. Most of you wouldn't know this, but I cut my political teeth on Dennis Prager's KABC nighttime talk show program from about 1987 to October of 1992. While I worked at UCLA, I was either listening to Jazz, to Blues, or to Dennis Prager. I was even a subscriber of Prager's quarterly magazine 'Ultimate Issues'. Here's a copy of one issue that I've saved all these years:
.
.
Listening to Dennis Prager helped me to sharpen my own ability to think logically about the Right, the Left, Conservatives, Liberals, Republicans, Democrats, American Patriotism, Communism and other statist forms of government. 

Listening to Prager turned me into a mainstream Republican-like conservative. Which was a very good start. (It wasn't until early 1994 that I got genuinely Red-Pilled, thanks to The New American magazine, G. Edward Griffin, John Stormer, and the book 'The New World Order' by Pat Robertson.)

But it was a pleasure for me last week to take that stroll down Amnesia Lane, listening to Dennis Prager talk about our country's present circumstances and being reminded of why I was so captivated by Prager's analysis of cultural events back when I was still a political neophyte and being prepped for my upcoming graduation into the higher levels or degrees of geopolitical understanding.

Prager was excellent! He included humor and his customary straight-thinking and I was impressed by him all over again, all these many years later.

I have seen all or most of every Super Bowl game since 1972. But if you are like me and boycotting the Super Bowl today and from now on because of "The Kneelers" and the NFL's SJW mind-set in general, you may be looking for something to do today. 

I strongly urge you to listen to the 2-part Dennis Prager lecture I am linking to below. Each part is only about 19 minutes long, and although I disagree with Prager on a few points, I can't emphasize enough how much I think you ought to give Prager a listen and then turn others onto this talk he gave. This is important!!

Prager has a way of cutting through all the propaganda, the dogma, the unjustified feelings, the "fake thinking", and exposing the truth buried under all those layers of deception and misdirection.

These are really, Really, REALLY worth your time to listen to. Please do. And then feel free to post any feedback you may have in the comment section below.

Dr. James Dobson's 'Family Talk':

2018, January 30
Speaker: Dennis Prager
.
Click the title link above (and below), and then click "Listen" when the 'Family Talk' window opens up.
.
2018, January 31
Speaker: Dennis Prager
.
There ya go, Peoples. That gives you an idea of how I got to where I am today, politically speaking. It was that sort of clear thinking which got me started on the path down rational analysis leading eventually to my strict Constitutional outlook. 

Prager makes as much sense to me now as he did in the late '80s and early '90s. This was the first time I've listened to a Dennis Prager talk since October of 1992 and it felt almost like going home again. ...Except, of course, you can't go home again. 
.
~ Stephen T. McCarthy
.

5 comments:

  1. Al Bondigas here. So, when u comin’ Home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephen,

    Thanks for sharing these links with me. I'm listening to part 1 now and bookmarked this post so I can get the second part another day. I have not heard of Dennis Prager before but I'm intrigued. You remind me so much of DH because he enjoys listening to conservative/christian talk radio. My brain doesn't seem to want to slow down enough to hear talk but I do pick up bits & pieces. I do believe the souls of Americans hang in the balance because of secularism (Satan) blinds them from God's truth. Let me turn my attention now to the first vid and I will try to let you know what I think afterwards. Have a good day & God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephen,

    I just finished both parts and every word Prager spoke mirrors the way I feel. He's a brilliant, delightful speaker who inspires and encourages all who listen. I shared both links on Facebook for my friends/family to listen. I tried creating an account at Dr. Dobson's site so I can listen to more stuff but I'm having problems getting setup. Thanks again, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, CATHY, so glad you enjoyed it!

      As I wrote in the post, Prager is like my first real root into Conservative thinking. He was just so logical.

      I remember one thing he used to say on his old radio program (circa 1989) on a regular basis (and that was before I'd had an encounter with Christ and became a Christian) :

      (Paraphrasing)
      Let us say that you are walking alone in an alley at night. And in the darkness in front of you, you suddenly see a group of about 10 young males approaching you. Would it ease your mind at all if you could somehow know that they were all heading home from a Bible Study class they'd just attended?

      Of course, anyone who answers "No" is purely lying.

      And what does this tell us? Does it not tell us that deep down we KNOW that devoted Christians are less likely to commit crimes and assault us without cause?


      And considering that Prager is Jewish...

      It was that sort of clear thinking and ability to see the underlying truth of things that attracted me to Prager in the beginning. (He reminds me somewhat of the Catholic writer SELWYN DUKE, whom I think is the best, most brilliant conservative writer on the scene today. ...Other than me, of course. ;^)

      Thanks for listening and commenting, CATHY! Sometimes I feel like a voice in an empty wilderness and wonder just how long I'll be able to keep spending time on this blog.

      May You Bless And Be Blessed!

      ~ D-FensDogG
      Stephen T. McCarthy Reviews...

      Delete

--> NOTE: COMMENT MODERATION IS ACTIVATED. <--
All submitted comments that do not transgress "Ye Olde Comment Policy" will be posted and responded to as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to comment.