Tuesday, February 27, 2018

NOTES FROM DOGTOWN'S DOG POUND (Or, WEALTHY SUCKERS)

.
.
[DOG POUND NOTES are simply random thoughts, ideas, and maxims that have occurred to me. I am totally convinced of the merit of some of them. Others may merely be food-for-thought or even outright Doggy Doo-Doo. I'll let you guess as to how I categorize each of them.]
.
Two professions in which you can suck at your job -- failing far more often than you succeed -- and yet not only retain your job but also acquire fame and big money doing it are: Major League Baseball hitter and weather forecaster.
.
In other jobs, routine failing is unacceptable and will get you canned. In those two professions, failure is expected and the 3 successes out of 10 attempts are generously rewarded.
.
~ Stephen T. McCarthy
.

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely feeling the weatherman statement. Wrong nine times out of ten, yet they keep on smiling on the tube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's kind of unbelievable. If I failed at my job as often as the weather forecasters fail at theirs, my boss would have fired me at the conclusion of my first week of employment.

      Maybe the weather people should have to pay BACK some of their salary, or donate it to some community charity, every time they get it wrong.

      Here in Reno, they always like to give the worst case scenario, because to news people, the more dramatic the story is, the better to keep people tuning in. Fortunately for us, their disaster scenarios rarely pan out.

      Thanks a bunch for stopping by, SHANNON. I appreciate it.

      ~ D-FensDogG
      STMcC Presents 'Battle Of The Bands'

      Delete

--> NOTE: COMMENT MODERATION IS ACTIVATED. <--
All submitted comments that do not transgress "Ye Olde Comment Policy" will be posted and responded to as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to comment.