Tuesday, September 11, 2018

NOTES FROM DOGTOWN'S DOG POUND (Or, STRAIGHT OUTTA HOLLYWOOD?)

.
. 
[DOG POUND NOTES are simply random thoughts, ideas, and maxims that have occurred to me. I am totally convinced of the merit of some of them. Others may merely be food-for-thought or even outright Doggy Doo-Doo. I'll let you guess as to how I categorize each of them.]
.
.
I've seen it three or four times now and I think the best movie to come out of Hollyweird in the last 15 or 20 years was 'THE BIG SHORT', which included a character named Mark Baum. (Thanks for recommending it, FAE!) Although he's Jewish (whereas I am a Maverick Christian), Mark Baum is a pretty good semi-fictional representation of me. Monte Walsh (Lee Marvin) and Mark Baum (Steve Carell) -- both of them are like aspects of my own personality found in films.
.
And there are two fantastic quotes that come from the Mark Baum character in 'The Big Short'. Here they are:
.
"We live in an era of fraud in America. Not just in banking, but in government, education, religion, food, even baseball."
~ Mark Baum
.
Mark Baum: "It's time to call bullshit."
Vinny Daniel: "Bullshit on what?"
Baum: "Every-fucking-thing."
.
If you've not seen this movie, you really should! 
.
~ Stephen T. McCarthy
.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great movie! You know what? I think I'll go ahead and watch it! Now... if I could only find a copy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you've been a good boy recently, maybe Santy Claus will bring you one as a muy early Christmas present.

    ~ D-FensDogG
    Stephen T. McCarthy Reviews...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Al Bondigas here. Yeah, that was a great movie. The only downside was that actor who played the guy with the lack of social skills. I forget his name, but overacted the role bigly IMO. But, you'd think people would be up in arms after seeing all of the corruption in the banking world. But alas, like everything else, that would require effort and take time away from their social media bullshit. It's time to call bullshit on that too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JUDGE AL BONDIGAS ~
      I still so vividly remember us being on vacation in Reno when all that shit came tumbling down. (Just like we'd been saying for a few years that it would.) I recall one morning going down to the Circus Circus hotel lobby to buy a newspaper so we could see how much further the D.J. had dropped in the last 24 hours.

      Christian Bale is the guy you're trying to think of. I actually liked him better in 'TBS' than I did in anything else I'd seen him in. But it did seem like at times when he was trying to explain things to others he was playing more retarded or willfully uncommunicative than socially awkward. Still... I could totally understand his frustration when he knew that what he was seeing (the artificial propping up of prices) was impossible... sans corruption to the core!

      Yeah, what a movie! The first time I saw 'The Big Short', I was totally drawn to the Mark Baum character. (Who I learned later was first and foremost a comedian! Wha-?!) But the second time I watched it is when it hit me that Mark Baum was so much like me! (But with a whole lot more money!) Pissed off 24/7 at all the stupidity and hypocrisy around him.

      >>... It's time to call bullshit on that too!!

      Abbalouly! "Every-fucking-thing!"

      The only way a Crazy-Eyes Cortez could win any kind of election is if lots of people are brain-dead and plugged into their Blue Pill Mainstream Media Social app Matrix machines!

      ~ D-FensDogG
      Stephen T. McCarthy Reviews...

      Delete

--> NOTE: COMMENT MODERATION IS ACTIVATED. <--
All submitted comments that do not transgress "Ye Olde Comment Policy" will be posted and responded to as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to comment.