Saturday, January 1, 2011

MARGARITA DAY - 2011

.
Hey, you all, it's January 1st! And you know what day that is. That's right . . .
.
It's . . . MARGARITA DAY!
.
Margarita Day:
"A Tradition Since 1986 (Except For 1994)."
.
So, have yourself a merry little Margarita. Brother Nappy and I already took care of that important business. But dogged if we can remember where. Too many Margaritas can have that effect on a fellow's memory. Oh, wait . . . it's all coming back to me now in bits and pieces.
.
Nappy and I went to lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant in the Phoenix area - ABUELOS. Good food, good drinks, good atmosphere:
.

.

.

.
Ahhh . . . yes! And now we come to the object of our January 1st quest, the elusive Margarita. We caught two of them and they are now in captivity. That is, the cavities I call our stomachs:
.

.
Be sure you catch yerself a Margarita too!
.
At the Abuelos restaurant near me, there are a few murals and some paintings hanging on the walls. One painting in particular has always fascinated me because it's so downright A-List creepy! It's a picture of an evil looking clown character and the painting reminds me of something we might have seen on the old TV show NIGHT GALLERY [link]. Remember that series?
.
I could write a thousand words about this painting, but since a picture's worth a thousand words, I'll just post a picture instead:
.

.
Is that A-List creepy, or what?
.
Well, anyway, "Happy Margarita Day, Y'all!" Go get you a Margarita . . . and tell 'em Stephen sent ya!
.
~ Stephen T. McCarthy
.
YE OLDE COMMENT POLICY: All comments, pro and con, are welcome. However, ad hominem attacks and disrespectful epithets will not be tolerated (read: "posted"). After all, this isn’t Amazon.com, so I don’t have to put up with that kind of bovine excrement.
.

1 comment:

  1. I won't repeat myself-I posted a comment on "Stuffs."

    Curious readers are gonna haveta go over to that blog to see what I said.

    And If they don't go, they'll NEVER KNOW if it was some life-altering tidbit of wisdom.

    Although they probably shouldn't lay any money on it....

    LC

    ReplyDelete

--> NOTE: COMMENT MODERATION IS ACTIVATED. <--
All submitted comments that do not transgress "Ye Olde Comment Policy" will be posted and responded to as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to comment.