THE TRUTH ABOUT TRUTH:

All truth passes through three stages.
First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed.
Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.



Saturday, January 1, 2011

MARGARITA DAY - 2011

.
Hey, you all, it's January 1st! And you know what day that is. That's right . . .
.
It's . . . MARGARITA DAY!
.
Margarita Day:
"A Tradition Since 1986 (Except For 1994)."
.
So, have yourself a merry little Margarita. Brother Nappy and I already took care of that important business. But dogged if we can remember where. Too many Margaritas can have that effect on a fellow's memory. Oh, wait . . . it's all coming back to me now in bits and pieces.
.
Nappy and I went to lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant in the Phoenix area - ABUELOS. Good food, good drinks, good atmosphere:
.

.

.

.
Ahhh . . . yes! And now we come to the object of our January 1st quest, the elusive Margarita. We caught two of them and they are now in captivity. That is, the cavities I call our stomachs:
.

.
Be sure you catch yerself a Margarita too!
.
At the Abuelos restaurant near me, there are a few murals and some paintings hanging on the walls. One painting in particular has always fascinated me because it's so downright A-List creepy! It's a picture of an evil looking clown character and the painting reminds me of something we might have seen on the old TV show NIGHT GALLERY [link]. Remember that series?
.
I could write a thousand words about this painting, but since a picture's worth a thousand words, I'll just post a picture instead:
.

.
Is that A-List creepy, or what?
.
Well, anyway, "Happy Margarita Day, Y'all!" Go get you a Margarita . . . and tell 'em Stephen sent ya!
.
~ Stephen T. McCarthy
.
YE OLDE COMMENT POLICY: All comments, pro and con, are welcome. However, ad hominem attacks and disrespectful epithets will not be tolerated (read: "posted"). After all, this isn’t Amazon.com, so I don’t have to put up with that kind of bovine excrement.
.

1 comment:

  1. I won't repeat myself-I posted a comment on "Stuffs."

    Curious readers are gonna haveta go over to that blog to see what I said.

    And If they don't go, they'll NEVER KNOW if it was some life-altering tidbit of wisdom.

    Although they probably shouldn't lay any money on it....

    LC

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: Comment Moderation is activated. All submitted comments that do not transgress "Ye Olde Comment Policy" will be posted and responded to as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to comment.