Thursday, January 13, 2011

NOTICE: TO ALL MY FRIENDS AND BLOGGING BUDDIES! YOUR E-MAILS TO ME WILL BE SUMMARILY SHOT UNLESS . . .

.

.
Twice now in the last four months or so, I have received E-mails supposedly from friends of mine who are in possession of my E-mail address, but these E-mails have contained computer viruses.

Fortunately, both times, my computer's virus security detection system has caught the intruder and disposed of it safely and effectively. These E-mails had the return address names of real friends of mine and appeared to be legitimate.

The one peculiarity, however, was that in both instances, there was nothing typed into the "subject" space. The subject area was blank.

Be it known that from now on, I will immediately delete without a second's hesitation any E-mail sent to me that does not include MY name in the subject space. Dogged if I'm gonna get "bugged" by some liberal flea who has managed to gain access to names in my computer's address book.

Sending me an E-mail? Include my name in the subject space or be assured that I won't even open what you've sent, but will send it to hell faster'n Doc Holliday dispatched Johnny Ringo to that uncomfortably warm location!

~ Stephen T. "Quick Draw" McCarthy

YE OLDE COMMENT POLICY: All comments, pro and con, are welcome. However, ad hominem attacks and disrespectful epithets will not be tolerated (read: "posted"). After all, this isn’t Amazon.com, so I don’t have to put up with that kind of bovine excrement.
.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard about this thing where peoples' accounts get hijacked for sending out bad things. I hope I remember to put your name in the header next time I send an email to you. This virus thing does suck.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. r-LEE-boid ~
    Talk about just being plain MEAN! A person must be the lowest of the low to deliberately try to wreck the computer of a person they don't even know just for the "fun" of it.

    We've got some real winners out there, eh?

    But I'm happy to report that in neither instance was it YOUR identity the person adopted.

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete

--> NOTE: COMMENT MODERATION IS ACTIVATED. <--
All submitted comments that do not transgress "Ye Olde Comment Policy" will be posted and responded to as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to comment.