Saturday, April 6, 2013

APRIL 6, 1994: “HOSANNA! BLESSED IS CHRIST YESHUA WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD”

.
.
And a very great multitude spread their clothes on the road; others cut down branches from the trees and spread them on the road. Then the multitudes who went before and those who followed cried out, saying: “Hosanna to the Son of David! ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’ Hosanna in the highest!” And when He had come into Jerusalem, all the city was moved, saying, “Who is this?”
~ Matthew 21
.
.
“Having learned perfect obedience to the law of love, He [Jesus] became Master of the law. He showed us the Way. He showed us that we could be incarnate in flesh bodies and still manifest the perfect law of love. Then, as He, we would be made free! At the moment of His death, the veil of the temple was rent. The temple being the body, the veil symbolized the separation in consciousness from the Divine within. His supreme act also opened the veil within us all, giving us greater access to the pattern of God in the Holy of Holies, of the temples of our own bodies. [...]
.
“However, this pattern and this power are now available to all humankind, through Him [Jesus]. We are to live in perfect love. He implanted in us the pattern to do it. He lived out that pattern to show us how to do it. He promised to give us the power to do it. And He promised us His abiding presence to help us to do it. It is through choosing this pattern as our ideal and, through the power of the Spirit, manifesting it in our daily lives, that we are saved. It is not by works; but, through our desire, by choice, by acts of love, and by His gift of grace we may be transformed into His likeness.”
~ Dr. Herbert Puryear
.
"The Way" to Jerusalem.
.
It was nineteen years ago today, in a Los Angeles apartment, that as a result of an unexpected Spiritual Experience, I accepted Jesus Christ as my Holy King and Savior. First and foremost, my gratitude goes to Yeshua who came and got me when I was certainly not looking for Him.
.
.
I also wish to thank my friend the FLYING AARDVARK for the “Spiritual Birthday” gifts – ‘Peter Pan’ and the ‘Political Plane’ – what a SweetAard she is!
.
To everyone else goes my sincere wish that you will...
.
BLESS AND BE BLESSED!
.
As a dog returns to his own vomit,
so a fool repeats his folly. 
~ Proverbs 26:11
.
Yeshua, please help me to stop being that fool.
.
~ Stephen T. McCarthy
.
YE OLDE COMMENT POLICY: All comments, pro and con, are welcome. However, ad hominem attacks and disrespectful epithets will not be tolerated (read: "posted"). After all, this isn’t Amazon.com, so I don’t have to put up with that kind of bovine excrement.

.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your anniversary, my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! What a great thing to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CW & CHUCK ~
    Thanks so much for the kind comments! This is such an important day to me - Christmas, Easter, and April 6, those are my Big Three when it comes to the religious Holy Days.

    I don't recall having posted anything on my blogs about the significance of this day before, but for whatever reason, The Spirit seemed to inspire me to call attention to it this year.

    Thanks again, my friends, for stopping by and commenting.

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. POSTSCRIPT: Chuck, I have a special reason for asking this...

      Why did you decide to come by here today and leave a comment? Do you know?

      I haven't heard from you in a long time, so your comment was a surprise. I'm just wondering: Why today?

      ...As I said above, I have a special reason for asking.

      Thanks!

      ~ D-FensDogg
      'Loyal American Underground'

      Delete
  4. Thank you, FAE.

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very happy anniversary! I know that's something you certainly don't forget.

    Also, if you see our post today, we might have some questions for you about our new endeavors, as I still remember the first post of yours we ever read being your experiences on M*A*S*H. But I won't clutter up this celebration with my ramblings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3-B ~
      Thanks for the comment, Brother.

      And now I'm off to read today's blog installment at 'Beer 4 Da Shower'.

      ~ D-FensDogg
      'Loyal American Underground'

      Delete

--> NOTE: COMMENT MODERATION IS ACTIVATED. <--
All submitted comments that do not transgress "Ye Olde Comment Policy" will be posted and responded to as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to comment.