Saturday, April 27, 2013

MY SH#T LIST [Three 2013 Additions]

.
What follows is Part 2 of ‘MY SH#T LIST’, or the 3 additions to my original 2008 list. To view the 2008 original, click HERE.
.

.
By Glenn Beck

Added April 21, 2013
(S)HE'S GLENN OR GLENDA BECK... NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT. [This expression came to me when I combined phony conservatism with Ed Wood transvestism and Seinfeld Sentimentalism.] 'IDIOTS UNPLUGGED' means "Keepin' it safe". Otherwise an electrical mishap could turn Marshmallow Head Beck into a Toasted Marshmallow Head.
.

.
"If I only had a brain... instead of a broom".
.
Mike Broomhead

Mike Broomhead is one of the so-called “conservative” talk radio hosts at 550 KFYI in Phoenix, Airheadzona. Mike has become so buddy-buddy with Glenn or Glenda Beck lately that, frankly, I suspect that Beck and Broomhead are sweeping together.

With any luck at all, Mike Broomhead will beat George W. Bush to Oz and get that brain from the Wizard.
.

.
Susan Shannon of the blog 'SHORT LITTLE REBEL'

After having been a loud-mouthed, unnecessarily antagonistic, jackass Liberal in San FranCrisco, Susan Shannon had a religious experience which transformed her into a loud-mouthed, unnecessarily antagonistic, jackass “Xhristian”.

Some of you may remember my little encounter with the Short Little Psycho. After having praised her on my blog, she suddenly turned on me, publicly, in one of her many unreasonable, bipolar episodes, and gave me a ration of sh#t.

Apparently it had become commonplace for S.S. to get away with that sort of behavior directed at other people, but when she tried it with me, she discovered that she “had talked trash to the wrong Alaskan brown bear” with a blog.
.
After setting the record straight and retracting anything positive I had previously said about her, I didn’t really think about Susan Shannon again until the Boston Marathon bombing. A day or two after the terrorist attack, I got to wondering if the S.S. had posted anything on her blog about it, so I paid a visit.

No, S.S. had not posted on the bombing, but I did find that she was still the same nasty “Xhristian” she’d been before; apparently she hadn’t learned a thing from my friends and me about the inappropriateness of her “un-Christian” demeanor.

Below are a few highlights from her recent “warfare” (a.k.a. “attempts to display the love of God and Christ for man”).

This militant sector of the Christian community is WRONG and it is they who are working against God.

[STMcC: Ha!-Ha!-Ha! “This militant sector of the Christian community”?! If that ain’t the pot calling the North-African kettledrum player “Black”, I don’t know what is!]

Shawn Daniels says:
Shawn’s Comment was deleted.

Shawn, yes, I really do believe that a man is 100% responsible for ABORTION. I do. [Blah, blah, blah; yadda, yadda, yadda; etc., etc., etc., …]

Shawn Daniels says:
You have the nerve to delete my comments but you still reply to me? If you had let my comments stand you & everybody else would have seen I was speaking against your man-only blame game. BOTH parties are responsible but you are hell-bent on putting all the blame on the man. [...] you are wrong in your decision to support abortion, at ANY stage of pregnancy. All your screaming about what men are, how they function relating to sex with women, woman’s behaviors is irrelevant to the law of ‘thou shalt not murder’. I don’t care that this is your page. You think that gives you the right to speak lies? God is watching & you will be held accountable for your actions.

Shawn. All I can do is LAUGH at your indignation that I should blame men. How many women have YOU used for sex? Based on your reaction here, I would guess quite a few. … So this time, I WILL let the world see your hypocrisy. [...] Sorry, Shawn. I think YOU have some skeletons in your closet that might need looking at. Most Christian men today do.

And there we have it, Ladies and Gentleman! The Christian lady who is ticked as all get out at me wants to…. (drum roll please!)…. PRAY FOR ME! And my soul! And my CONVERSION! [...] Christina, the more you talk, the more convinced I am how right I was to block you from my FB page. btw, no thanks on those prayers. I’ve already got my bases covered. hypocrite. *spit*

altruistico says:
I came to you the other day and saw you were having a really bad day. People had pounced on you concerning your view while on Facebook. I was not one of them. I did not have any part in that episode, Rebel.

I came to you after that incident and tried offering you some reasonable advice, solace and some wisdom concerning what I believed was the problem.

Today you come back at me with a vengeance – your attitude with me is way out of line and I am going to point that out to you right now. You say you’re a Christian, alright – begin showing the world that’s what you are. Your actions show anything but Christian character. I never yelled at you, nor wrote in capital letters which would indicate shouting, yet you come here today and make all kinds of allegations concerning men, those people on facebook and so on. When you settle down, come back to talk. I will listen and give my very best. May the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob bless and keep you, Rebel.

Really? Now, that makes me laugh. A ‘Christian Character’ is what? Someone that agrees with you? My response to you stands. You come with soft, religious words when you really mean a rebuke. I am just more honest than you. Also, more honest than most Christians would dare to be. I never go around saying I will pray for someone when in fact, I am upset with them. I never use my God as a weapon against others. […] So, my basic attitude, as ‘UNCHRISTIAN” and shocking as it may be is, “Shut up.” Go mind your own relationship with God. OK?

[STMcC’s NOTE: Jesus said, But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you...” In other words, YES, our Savior told us to “pray for someone when in fact, (you are) upset with them”, and believe me, it sometimes takes an awful lot of inner strength to do it! But apparently Susan Shannon wouldn’t know, being a “Xhristian” rather than a Christian.]

She wants to be a teacher of God’s Word and yet she doesn’t possess The Holy Spirit’s guidance within her to effectively be that. That’s the reason she ultimately pisses off 100% more people than she brings to Christ. Some examples of her false teachings follow:

Susan Shannon: “FEARING GOD is right and moral. Would we fear a God who is always sugary and nice and forgiving and loving? No! You fear a God who can kill and destroy you at a moment’s notice!  He HATES sin and if the sin is great enough, he HATES the sinner too.

Really? Well, if Susan Shannon is going to take every word from her NIV Bible hyperliterally, then I guess, for the sake of consistency, she is forced to say that you and I cannot be disciples of Jesus until we literally “hate” our family members. After all, Jesus did say: “If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters - yes, even their own life - such a person cannot be My disciple.”

The S.S. does not comprehend the way language is often used in The Holy Bible, and that leads to all sorts of misunderstandings and false theology. She’s the poster child for the degree of damage that one short, little, big-mouthed rebel with limited knowledge can do.

.
The S.S. answered: Jesus knew that they would be violently attacked for continuing to spread his ‘blasphemous’ message. That he was the Son of God. Therefore, they would indeed need money, along with a bag for their blankets & supplies- and a sword for protection. But note that he said that only two swords were enough. While it is important to protect ourselves, I believe his point was that we are not to be militant. We are not to use them in OFFENSE. Rather, defense.

[STMcC: The reference to a sword by Jesus Christ did not pertain to self-defense. I could tell you what The Holy Spirit of God has taught me about this Bible verse – but I’d rather that all y’all began reading The Bible for yourselves and learn to hear what God’s Holy Spirit has to say to YOU personally. I will state, however, that if you think about it in context, or just get quiet enough to hear that “gentle whisper” of God’s Holy Spirit within, you will be taught what it’s all about. But it’s NOT about killing humans in self-defense.]

Susan Shannon was wrong (again) but it is my sincere opinion that there isn’t anything wrong with Susan that a hundred dollars and The Holy Spirit couldn’t fix. Let’s hope she lets go of her old San Francisco attitude soon, because that ego of hers is making enemies of people who should be Susan’s “brothers and sisters in Christ”.

Having said all that, I admit that Susan did give me an A-list laugh recently. I realize that everyone reading this ‘SH#T LIST’ may not be well educated about the Life of Christ, so I will provide the Biblical context which will give all y’all the necessary background info you'll need to enjoy the following as much as I did.

Christina Vermeire says:
I have come to the conclusion that she [Susan Shannon] thinks she is God. I will continue to pray for her conversion.

Christina had no idea how much gold she had struck with that comment! But being as familiar with The Bible as I am, I discerned the Messianic pattern that the S.S. was following in a recent post, and it inspired me to nickname her SUSAN “THE GRAND DELUSION” SHANNON. Read and enjoy:

“All this I have told you so that you will not fall away. They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God. They will do such things because they have not known the Father or me. I have told you this, so that when their time comes you will remember that I warned you about them. I did not tell you this from the beginning because I was with you, but now I am going to Him who sent me. [...] But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. When He comes, He will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: about sin, because people do not believe in Me; about righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see Me no longer; and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.”
~ Jesus (‘John’ - chapter 16)

Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
~ Jesus (‘Matthew’ – chapter 28)

“I would stay until the end if God allowed it. But don’t you remember my warning? That God might remove me from you? That he might remove me so that each and everyone of you might go out and tell thousands of other people about Jesus and that his return is near? My page was a comfortable place for everyone. Sometimes I worried about that. You were always amongst friends. [...] But like the Jews in Israel after Jesus was raised from the dead, had persecution not come, they would not have left Israel and gone out into the world to spread the news. Perhaps you would have remained forever on my page instead of embarking on your own.

“Many of you have already begun your journey alone and have already faced demons. It will only get worse. But working for Christ is a glory in and of itself and brings its own rewards. You will be strong because that is his wish.”
.
After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them two by two ahead of Him to every town and place where He was about to go. He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. Go! I am sending you out like lambs among wolves. [...] Whoever listens to you listens to Me; whoever rejects you rejects Me; but whoever rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me.” The seventy-two returned with joy and said, “Lord, even the demons submit to us in Your name.” He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; [...] At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.”
~ Jesus (‘Luke’, chapter 10)

“If I can not get back onto FB, I will be content. Because this would not be the hand of man, but of God. No one can thwart his will. And if I can not get back on, your ‘home’ will be gone on FB. That means you are all ready. That means that God wants each and everyone of you core 1,800 people to go OUT and do what I did! Tell the truth. Take the Bible as your sword and save lives. People will get angry at you- pagan and Christian alike! That is how you know you are doing a good job! [...] The religious community is the one who hung Jesus on the cross. It will be the religious community that will persecute you the most. Where there is no love, there is nothing. Where there is no compassion, there is nothing. Christians who live by the letter of the law and have no love in their hearts are as evil as the pagans. No, worse. Because they know better.

“Be brave my friends. Be bold. It is your turn now. Go. And lay down your lives for your friend as our Lord commanded.”
.
“Christians who live by the letter of the law and have no love in their hearts.”: Those are Susan Shannon’s own words, but given three days I still couldn’t come up with a better description of Susan herself!

Ha! Yes, SUSAN “THE GRAND DELUSION” SHANNON it is. This woman thinks she’s the 21st Century Internet Jesus, sending her flock out into the world to do battle for God! Yes, SUSAN “THE GRAND DELUSION” SHANNON, the newest member of MY SH#T LIST. [Thanks for the laugh, S.S., but you really should come back down to Earth soon... and save us all!]

Angela Kaye Mason says [to Susan Shannon]:
You probably won’t remember me. I had a few questions about the Rapture and Grace and Law. You answered them…. and I felt pretty good about your answers. Then last night you deleted my comments and blocked me from your Facebook simply because I don't feel that ALL of the blame lies on men. I don't expect this comment to be posted. I simply want you to remove me here like you did there. It hurt. It stung. But you have a deep hate of men that you have to fix before you can be a leader for me. And you refuse to hear anything from anyone else. No, I won’t go make a copycat page or smear your name... I am a Christian. But I did see a side of you that shocked me, and shook anything you’ve taught me. My advice? Leave out the drama... it is erasing any testimony and teaching you may have. Please remove me from here so that I wont get anymore emails... if you don't want me on your Facebook, why would I follow you?

I’m sure it never occurred to Susan Shannon that God might have shut down her Facebook page because she was misrepresenting Him and His Son, and giving Christianity a bad name with her nasty “Xhristian” demeanor, but that’s probably where I’d bet my federal funny money.

Beer: ‘Dogfish Head’ 60 Minute IPA
Music: John Lee Hooker

~ Stephen T. McCarthy

YE OLDE COMMENT POLICY: All comments, pro and con, are welcome. However, ad hominem attacks and disrespectful epithets will not be tolerated (read: "posted"). After all, this isn’t Amazon.com, so I don’t have to put up with that kind of bovine excrement.
.

21 comments:

  1. What a great blog bit!!!!

    I loved the whole thing, but especially the vivisection you did on the Short Little Sh**head! The clips and quotes are wonderful. That you saved them is perfect, because you almost don't have to write anything else to frame them. Her own words condemn her, but she is blind to it.

    Thanks for the great laugh and read. My second favorite is including Michael Medved, who holds an especially low place in my heart. Loathing is not nearly a strong enough word for him with me.

    Thanks, Bro!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part 1 Of 2:

      SHEBOYGANBOY 6 !
      Thanks a lot!!!!

      I LOVE that you "LOVED" it! (I'm seriously serious, man!)

      I must (embarrassingly) admit... I kind of loved it too.

      And speaking of the “embarrassing”... I’m also a wee bit embarrassed – ashamed, really – to confess that about an hour or so ago I went to S.S.’s blog and submitted a comment. NO, not calling her attention to THIS blog bit of mine! (I truly, honestly don’t care if she ever sees this, even though I know she will – if she hasn’t already – because she Googles her name and blog title regularly. Now THAT’S “embarrassing”!)

      “But no, but no, but no” (as my dear friend Pooh used to say when he was intoxicated back in the ‘League Of Soul Crusaders’ years), I went to Susan’s blog on a whim and when I read her blog bit titled PROJECT REDEMPTION: CREATE, MAINTAIN & GROW A CHRISTIAN CONSERVATIVE FACEBOOK PAGE, I simply couldn’t resist submitting a comment (one I very much doubt she will approve for posting).

      Honestly, I was just rubbing salt in her wound, and truthfully – VERY TRUTHFULLY – I feel a little bit guilty about it... but... gosh, if there is anyone who deserves salt rubbed in their wound it is Susan Shannon!

      I KNOW that what I did is NOT ‘What Jesus Would Do’, but then again, I’m NOT Jesus, and I’m not even a (quote-unquote) “Christian”. So... I did the wrong thing. And worse... I’m now bragging about it. However, I KNOW you will dig this. (Ha! I’m bad, and that’s not good.)

      Anyway, in her most recent blog bit – after having said that God closed down her Facebook page so her worshipers will leave her and go out on their own to save souls for Christ – she wrote this never-ending installment about how she is going to lead her followers into God’s new plan for Facebook involvement. WHA-?!

      Yeah, the problem is that Susan Shannon can’t let go of her goddess persona at Facebook, so she wants to “redeem” her reputation at Facebook. Here’s some of what she wrote:

      Continued Below...

      Delete
    2. Part 2 Of 2:

      >>“...I feel God’s endearing hand on the entire situation! I have been in peaceful prayer awaiting his will via the Holy Spirit. Then, the Thursday after FB shut down my site, it hit me like a ton of bricks. What he wants and the full plan to implement it! And it is GLORIOUS! So, I am writing this to you, all my readers, to share what the Holy Spirit spoke to me.

      “Do you remember? I forewarned you about several times beforehand that God might remove me from you? And if he did, it would be because he wants all of you to start your own pages? Well, he did and so, he does! Every. Single. Last one of you! I know you just felt the leap of fear in your hearts. But don’t. Have faith in God, the God of all creation! The Great I AM! HE wishes it and so you can not fail! Amen?

      “I wish to name this newly birthed ministry, “Project Redemption”. Let our goal be to launch over 1,000 new pages that serve the Lord, our God. Let each page’s goal be to attract 1,800 readers in one year. Let us take the social media world by storm! Let us redeem the evil that FB has done. I have worked out a strategy that will make all your pages a wonderful success.”


      Note that it was God’s Holy Spirit that inspired the plan, but it was Susan Shannon who “worked out a strategy that will make all your pages a wonderful success.”

      After reading that egotistical idea for “Facebook revenge” disguised as God’s inspiration, I couldn’t help submitting the following in a comment:

      Three responses after three days: One "yes", one "no", and one "unsubscribe" me.

      Susan, sweet little child of God, are you ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that you heard The Holy Spirit speak this new plan of action to you? Far be it for a "little man" like me to doubt the great YOU, but I would expect a somewhat more impressive response to God's Almighty Spirit.

      Oh well, give it time. After all, if God wills it, it cannot fail... right?

      ~ D-FensDogg
      'Loyal American Underground'


      Now, SheboyganBrother, I readily admit it... THAT was mean of me. Jesus would not approve, but... I blame it on the “little man” in me.

      Thanks for reading and commenting (and understanding), my good friend!

      ~ D-FensDogg
      ‘Loyal American Underground’

      Delete
  2. You and Susan make for such a fun evening...

    BTW, not sure what you have against Beck. Mainly because I avoid him because I find his show annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CW McM ~

      Ha! Glad you had such a fun evening.

      I hate to admit this, but I think I need Susan. Without Susan, I am like Dean Martin without Jerry Lewis. Without Susan, I am like Bud Abbott without Lou Costello. Without Susan, I am like Edgar Bergen without his dummy, Charlie McCarthy.

      Yeah, I admit it... I need my dummy.

      Uh... Beck... I'm not sure if that was meant as a rhetorical question or a legitimate question. If it's the latter, let me know and I will provide you with a couple of links.

      Thanks for your input, McBuddy.

      ~ D-FensDogg
      'Loyal American Underground'

      Delete
    2. "I need my dummy..." Well, you sure picked a real knothead.

      Beck, I figure if it's important it'll hit your blog. Same with Medved, I have vague memories of him being on around here... somewhere... but obviously left little impression.

      Delete
    3. The problem for me is that Susan is such an easy target (like shooting fish in a barrel...with a shotgun) that I have a difficult time resisting the temptation to give her a little return on her karmic investment.

      Beck... yeah, I've posted about him a number of times on this blog. A couple of the installments can be found under the category 'Da Best O'Blog?' in the column at the left.

      ~ D-FensDogg
      'Loyal American Underground'

      Delete
    4. I happened to discover the following article about five minutes ago. It’s just a beginning to the bad that is Beck:
      Glenn Or Glenda Beck.

      ~ D-FensDogg
      ‘Loyal American Underground’

      Delete
  3. Stephen-

    While your dismembering of Susan made for an enjoyable read, I wonder if you are giving her too much press...



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DISCCONNECTED ~
      Before I begin my official response to your comment, I want to forewarn you that I have consumed four beers. Therefore, if I don't quite seem like my normal self, you will understand that I am... two beers short of my Standard Operating Procedure.

      I think that ANY press is probably too much press for Susan 'The Grand Delusion' Shannon.

      I guess that's it. (You didn't exactly give me a whole lot to work with, Bro.)

      ~ D-FensDogg
      'Loyal American Underground'

      Delete
    2. You said it in reverse on my other comment-she's just a female Looney Len...anyone disagrees with her, she's taking her ball and going home.

      Hope all is well, my friend.

      Delete
    3. Things could be better, DR. DISC. A lot better... but thanks for the good wish, McBuddy.

      ~ D-FensDogg
      'Loyal American Underground'

      Delete
  4. Thanks, all. Replies scheduled for tomorrow.

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yipes, I hope I never end up on your wrong list. I almost feel sorry for Susan. Not that I've ever followed her or read her blog, but she DOES have a rather nice name. (HA!) But I must say, in a battle of wits against you, it sounds like the poor lady is unarmed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting, SUSAN.

      I don't feel the least bit sorry for Susan Shannon. It's probably not my job to hang her, but I decided to accept the voluntary, non-profit position. It's not even the crap she's said to me that bothers me most; it's the shit she's said to OTHER people - Christians, even - on her blog that really irks me.

      She's calling everyone who disagrees with her views "liars" and "hypocrites" - you either agree with Susan Shannon or you are lying. She tells some Christian man, whom she doesn't even know, that he has likely used women in a deliberate way. She censors and bans her opponents to give the impression that she always prevails. She is more "un-Christian" than any self-professed "Christian" I've ever encountered. And she is misrepresenting God and His Son.

      My friend FarAwayEyes has previously alluded to the possibility that S.S. is secretly but deliberately working for satan. I won't go that far, but I will say that she probably couldn't do a better job for satan even if she was consciously working for him!

      Anyway... sometimes I get more upset by the people who are presumably, but falsely, representing views that I essentially concur with, than I do with those people who have openly declared themselves to be enemies of my worldview.

      For example: A lying Liberal doesn't bother me as much as a Michael Medved or Glenn Beck does. Liberals MUST lie and ignore facts - they can't win an argument any other way. But when someone pretending to represent "conservatism" (like Medved, Beck, O'Reilly, Hannity, etc.) lies and/or ignores the facts, that deception makes me even madder.

      And that's the way I see Susan Shannon: she is a wolf in sheep's clothing, whether by design or ignorance.

      Thanks again for taking the time to leave some feedback, Susan.

      ~ D-FensDogg
      'Loyal American Underground'

      Delete
  6. Can't say that I disagree with either list although I stay away from talk radio at all costs. Afraid I'm too much like Meg Ryan in 'Sleepless in Seattle", I tend to talk back to them. It can be dangerous if I'm in the car, not to mention the strange looks I get.

    I DID read 'The Audacity of Barry", in that know your enemy line of reasoning, and only had my worst fears confirmed. What a Poo Poo Head!

    Hillary's 'It Takes a Village...", while I think the concept in an 'old world kind of way', might be good the last person I would want anywhere near my children, let alone trying to raise them is Hillary and her kind. Oh wait that's what public education is and has been all about for a long long time now. 'When I think about all the carp I learned in H.S.', and realize that today that's being taught in kindergarten I start screaming HOME SCHOOLING. Save your children and Home School them.

    Next up Paris Hilton. Are you kidding me? What makes some of these people stars? Oh, I get it maybe it's their bad manners, total sleezieness and, and, and...

    Finally, Susan Shannon. I keep telling you to stay away from THAT WOMAN! What would your mother say, if she caught you hanging out at her blog? Unfortunately, people like Susan Shannon are only out there doing the 'devil's work', but on the upside let her talk long enough and she shows her true colors. Looks like you did exactly that. Hung her out to dry in her own words and deeds.

    BTW, I hope you win the Beer Boys contest. I would love to see you immortalized in one of their cartoons(I actually offered them money to do just that). Also, the book is pretty good in a Twilight Zone sort of way (I just finished it this morning, while hiding in the corner).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FARAWAYEYES ~

      'Bout time!

      >>Hillary's 'It Takes a Village...", while I think the concept in an 'old world kind of way', might be good the last person I would want anywhere near my children, let alone trying to raise them is Hillary and her kind.

      I hear ya. "It Takes A Village" is an obvious euphemism for "Socialism". Only the dumbest Americans couldn't figure THAT out in two seconds flat (i.e., probably 95% of Americans, and certainly 100% of the people who voted for Barack Oliar).

      About a month ago, I was getting ready to go to work and my neighbors across the street (the entire family) were all piling into their car. The Mom yells across the street to me: "It takes a village to get my son to school!" It was the ONLY time that expression ever made me laugh.

      I agree with you 100% about Home-Schooling!

      Susan Shannon... well, like I said above, she's "like shooting fish in a barrel...with a shotgun." It's really almost TOO easy.

      The Beer Boys' contest... Hmmm... Guess I'll have to revisit their most recent blog bit and see what you wrote. Thanks for the support. It's a "name-drawing" thang, so everyone has the same odds. I just wonder how many contestants there are. I know YOU participated, and so did I, but I haven't seen where anyone else has mentioned having plugged their book. We'll see, but I am generally pretty lucky with that sort of stuffs.

      And I like 'The Twilight Zone' pretty well, so I suspect I'd like 'Lost And Found' then.

      ~ D-FensDogg
      'Loyal American Underground'

      Delete

  7. Stephen,
    To hear Susan Shannon is still being angry like that doesn't surprise me. It's what happens when your self righteous. Personally, her obvious hatred of men is inspired quite obviously from past trauma. I see this all too often in my line of work. Some patients have this same hatred of men. Most times it is sexual, physical, or emotional abuse from a male figure in their life.

    In the case of Susan Shannon I still think she has tremendous ability. She obviously helped her one reader discover greater truth about the rapture. However, with such extreme emotional issues her testimony becomes questioned. All I would say to that reader Angela Kaye Mason is that truth is truth. It doesn't matter where it comes from if it's truth. Susan Shannon's behavior and obvious lack of humility should impact your choice to continue to follow her. However, it should not impact the truth you got from her concerning Gods word. I have dealt with this very issue in my life. I would study and check everything you heard from Ms. Shannon. However, I would not dismiss the truth of God's word, even if it came from Ms. Shannon.

    To Ms. Shannon,
    You wrote that you were once a liberal wagging your middle finger in arrogance at conservatives knowing you were wrong. What's changed? Your still playing the same game with a different mask on. May God bless you and heal your heart. May our God and our Lord Jesus Christ provide you with the heart to fulfill your potential as a child of God.

    Well written blog bit Stephen, though personally very sad one for me. I hate seeing someone with so much potential and talent do so little with it.

    Br'er Marc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BR'ER MARC ~
      Thanks for checking in, my friend.

      Yeah, there is no question that semi-hiding within Susan Shannon's mind is a genuine misandrist, her marriage notwithstanding.

      I agree with you that Truth is where you find it, and it's never a sign of wisdom to throw the baby out with the bath water. However, when a person misinterprets as much Scripture as Susan does, it's usually a clear sign that they understand very little spiritual Truth overall.

      Therefore, although I don't know what Susan Shannon wrote to Angela Kaye Mason, I would bet that the information was most likely wrong. In fact, somewhere on her blog, I saw where Susan flat-out dismissed the idea of a Rapture and a Tribulation period. She didn't supply any reasons for that belief in the place where I read this, but whatever she told Angela Kaye Mason was probably an incorrect interpretation.

      The Rapture is a tricky subject and I can see why some believe and some disbelieve in it. I have come to my own rather unorthodox view of it - SURPRISE! - which does not conform with the standard Christian concept of it, but neither does it deny any sort of Rapture.

      And for any Bible student to dismiss the Tribulation period, well, that's just head-scratching to me. How does one "read out" the Tribulation from The Bible?! Talk about mental gymnastics!

      Basically, I agree with you. I think Susan Shannon merely replaced one mask ("Angry Liberal") for a different mask ("Angry Christian") but her personality has not changed because The Holy Spirit of God has not yet changed her HEART!

      Oh, well...

      ~ D-FensDogg
      'Loyal American Underground'

      Delete
  8. Stephen,
    God is bigger than Ms. Shannon's heart, and it is very likely she may have a transformation. Think about the Christians of the first century. I can imagine the humility and change of heart some of them must have had. Walking up to Paul who was Saul after he might have had your father murdered for the very thing he now preaches. That would have been difficult, yet I'm sure with as active as Saul was that encounter probably happened for a believer or two in later years.

    I too have no idea what Ms. Shannon told this young lady on the rapture. I would therefore encourage her to pray and study to see if these things are so. I myself have had a variety of interpretations in the past, but they have mostly come from others work. Bullinger has a book about it which he calls, "advents" or something along those lines.

    At this point I'm convinced there is a rapture, but am not convinced of what form it will take. Paul is very clear in thessalonians that we will be "saved from the wrath to come." Yet, there are other verses that allow a post tribulation gathering together so to speak. A good portion of the stuff out there is poppycock and hyperbole at best. The tribulation is very well established in Revelation so if one is a believing Christian I have a hard time seeing how one could deny it.

    I have had some tell me that Bullinger deals with this pretty well.

    But hey what do I know. I'm the guy who believes in the lake of fire that burns forever and ever, but not hell as the pagans defined through greek thought. Its a concept for another day, but basically hell is death and not the lake of fire discussed in the book of revelation. I think many people confuse the two with disasterous results.

    Br'er Marc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BR'ER ~
      I fully agree that Susan Shannon could experience a transforming event that alters her personality and allows her to gain a better understanding of God's love for His creations. But as it stands right now, she's yakking and not loving. She's maybe trying to wear Jesus on the outside, but what Jesus was really all about has certainly not yet penetrated into her heart.

      No one who professes to love Jesus should be creating so many enemies out of other people who profess to love Jesus.

      She's got a screw loose. In fact, I've even considered the possibility that she may be possessed to some degree. (Not all possession is "full possession", like Hollywood loves to depict.)

      The way I read it, there is a pre- and a post-Tribulation Rapture. They have two totally different purposes, but the pre-Trib Rapture, I believe, will be relatively small - not the huge disappearance of every self-professed "Christian" like so many churches and "Christians" want to believe.

      But, yeah, a huge topic, and not the one for this blog bit.

      ~ D-FensDogg
      'Loyal American Underground'

      Delete

--> NOTE: COMMENT MODERATION IS ACTIVATED. <--
All submitted comments that do not transgress "Ye Olde Comment Policy" will be posted and responded to as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to comment.