Wednesday, November 22, 2017

NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT...

.
So, I was at Great Basin Brewing Company the other day...
.
No, that goober in shorts ain't me!
.
And these two guys come in and sit just to the left of me at the bar. The moment they entered the front door I had one thought: Gay, gay. [*Alright, maybe that's technically two thoughts. So, sue me, Sue!*]
.
Glancing at the guy to my immediate left, I had a thought: His biceps are smaller than his forearms, and he's wearing a short-sleeved checkered shirt. Yeah, I guessed he was gay, and this proves it! [*Alright, so maybe that's technically more than "a thought". You're ALREADY suing me!]
.
I sent out a text to my brother, Nappy, and two friends, Trainyard Julio and Nitro Wilbury, and I wrote:

FUN FACT: Any man whose forearms are as large or larger than his biceps is certifiably homosexual. And that's "clocked".

Brother Nappy texted back:

You sayin' Popeye is light on his feet?

Me: The truth is finally "OUT" about Popeye!

Nappy: So, Olive Oyl was a front all those years?

Me: Olive Oyl was just Popeye's "beard".

Nappy: Spinach makes you gay?

Me: What other conclusion could one come to? No wonder Michael Obama wanted to dictate what school children could eat for lunch!

Nappy: Just like Columbo, you've pieced it all together.

Meanwhile, Nitro Wilbury had asked me...

Nitro: And, where do you get this information from?

Me: Seven years of professional work in Hollyweird, plus one afternoon of drinking beer at Great Basin Brewing Company.

Trainyard Julio texted this: What brought on this discovery?

Well, it was something that had occurred to me many, many years ago. Maybe while working in Hollyweird, I dunno. But it seemed to me that many of the guys I knew to be gay had biceps like sticks. However, even unathletic  heterosexual guys who'd never worked out with weights a day in their lives at least had biceps that exceeded their forearms in circumference. This is just a natural, automatic development in the maturing of males.

Of course, there are some other telltale signs one can look for.

Not every guy who wears one of these...
.
.
...is gay. But there's a good chance of it.

And not every guy who wears one of these...
.
.
...is gay. But there's a good chance of it.

And not every guy who wears a short-sleeved checkered shirt is gay. But there's a good chance of it.
.
.
That shirt above is nearly identical to the one the guy sitting to the left of me at Great Basin Brewing Company was wearing. Short-sleeved checkered shirts are very Gooberville, Iowa; very Bumphuq, Idaho. Checkered shirts are manly but ONLY when they are long-sleeved. You can roll the long sleeves up if you want, but they gotta be there!

And, lastly, if a guy owns a dog like this...
.
.
...he is most definitely gayer'n gay! (Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm just sayin'.)
.
Let's raise our glasses in this effeminate, metrosexual era and toast the Confident Heterosexuals... wherever they went off to:
.
.
"May your biceps always exceed your forearms!"
.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZeS1b4QSVk

.
~ Stephen T. McCarthy
.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. YIKES!!!

      Well, I ain't da judge, but... I'm gonna guess that the expression of distaste on your face will buy you some leniency from the bench.

      (How come that poodle's body got all the privilege and its head din't get none?)

      ~ D-FensDogG
      Stephen T. McCarthy Reviews...

      Delete
    2. I think the expression of distaste on his face speaks volumes, too.

      True story of how I acquired this dog: my gay brother-in-law got him from a breeder because he really wanted one. But dogs are hard work, so after a few months he dropped him off at my wife's house to 'watch him for a bit' and just never came back. About a year later, when the wife and I were dating, he stopped by the house with a friend to visit and said nonchalantly, "That's my sister's dog." That kind of settled that.

      So yes, I married into this dog, but he was originally my gay brother-in-law's.

      TL;DR: your statement is still 100% true.

      (And you leave his head out of this - it dindu nuffin)

      Delete
    3. >>... after a few months he dropped him off at my wife's house to 'watch him for a bit' and just never came back.

      Oh, how darling!

      >>... So yes, I married into this dog, but he was originally my gay brother-in-law's.

      Ha!-Ha! Ya see? There are universal truths. One of them is that all poodles are gay and gay men recognize that. (Don't ask me how they reproduce. That's tricky and I don't wanna go there.)

      I dunno, man. That dog's head looks guilty to me. I think I saw it on the Eleventy O'Clock news, stealing tea and crumpets from a shop during the San Francisco riots.

      ~ Stephen

      Delete

--> NOTE: COMMENT MODERATION IS ACTIVATED. <--
All submitted comments that do not transgress "Ye Olde Comment Policy" will be posted and responded to as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to comment.