Tuesday, November 14, 2017

YOU KNOW WHAT PANCHO SAYS...

.
.
In Memory Of...
KELLY "ANDY" ANDERSON
.

.
THE HOUSE AT POOH CORNER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G5x3fpfpFI

.
.
.
.
PANCHO AND LEFTY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT9NSmZFE_Q

.
.
The Sun yawned and thought about calling it a day
Kelly and I sat at the entrance to his garage on gasoline cans
His old truck looked beautiful, parked with the last of the sun’s rays
Glinting brightly on the dings and dents
And the cavity where an engine belonged.

I loved Kelly and his truck and I loved myself
And the blood in my veins, the heart in my chest, pumping
The beer in our bottles dwindled, just liquid sand in an hourglass
A lovely moment
A short reprieve

.
~ Stephen T. McCarthy

"You know what Merle Haggard says..."

.
ANDY'S  ALLEY  IN  DOGTOWN
.
"This world" is a hard place to be,
and 2029 can't come too soon for me.
.
~ Lefty
.

2 comments:

  1. Al Bondigas here. Good Job Stephen. I can’t believe it’s already been a year. Kelly was one of the all-time great friends. I miss him too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brother Nappy!

      Yeah, he was one of the really, really good guys. Would have done anything for me... and for you, too! How many people can you say that about?

      ~ D-FensDogG
      'Loyal American Underground'

      Delete

--> NOTE: COMMENT MODERATION IS ACTIVATED. <--
All submitted comments that do not transgress "Ye Olde Comment Policy" will be posted and responded to as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to comment.