Wednesday, January 4, 2012

THE 'WIN A GREAT BOOK CONTEST' FROM FERRET-FACED FASCIST FRIENDS

.
In an ill-fated attempt to garner a larger readership for 'Ferret-Faced Fascist Friends', my ol’ blogging buddyette, Judy, once wrote the following about me:

Do you like people with a dry sense of humor and that love to talk about subjects that are popular, only [their] take is usually the opposite? I'm still trying to get a handle on Stephen, but I've never been disappointed leaving his posts! Some are funny and some I think, does he really believe that or is he pushing buttons!

Well, the truth is, rarely am I pushing buttons, and the vast majority of the time my iconoclastic view of things is genuine. This is rather ironic because deep down I am an Old School Traditionalist, and believe it or not, I do not enjoy swimming against the (main)stream so often and being forced to defend my credibility by explaining in detail why I’ve come to accept the “alternate” view so often, rather than the “accepted” view. But Mark Twain wrote . . .

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.

Unfortunately, objective research has shown me that this is the case more times than not. That’s not to say that the mainstream view of a thing is NEVER correct, but frequently it is not.

If you’ve read much of my blogs over the years, you know that my view of some subjects – like “orthodox” Christianity, Senator Joseph McCarthy, the attack on the World Trade Center towers on 9/11, etc. – is not in line with the generally accepted belief.

Another topic in which I am forced to take a contrarian view is that of President Abraham Lincoln’s legacy. Yes, I hate slavery; yes, I believe all men are brothers because regardless of our race we have the same Creator/Father in Heaven. But that doesn’t necessarily mean I view Abraham Lincoln as an American hero.

The fact of the matter is that Lincoln’s political life was one that should be remembered less for The Emancipation Proclamation and more for the economic boondoggles, the tyrannical dictatorship he established, the mass murders he was responsible for, and the lies he told.

Yes, my friends, I’m afraid that as children we were indoctrinated into false beliefs by Uncle Sam’s brainwashing centers (also known as “public schools”) and we were bamboozled to the nth degree when it comes to ol’ Honest Abe. “Honest Abe” was a liar.

If I were asked to compile a top ten list of what I consider the best and/or most important political books I’ve ever read, I’d have to give that a good deal of thought because I have read so many excellent politically-themed books in my lifetime.

However, there are a few I can state right from the get-go that would certainly make my list: ‘The Creature From Jekyll Island’, ‘Foundations: Their Power And Influence’, and ‘None Dare Call It Treason...25 Years Later’ would definitely be among my top ten.

Another one that would certainly be included is the 2003 update of Thomas J. DiLorenzo’s ‘THE REAL LINCOLN: A New Look At Abraham Lincoln, His Agenda, And An Unnecessary War’.



There are a lot of surprising things about Abraham Lincoln that you will find in DiLorenzo’s excellent book. For example, Did you know the following? . . .

Lincoln was a racist. Yep, a White supremacist! In 1858 he said:

“I have no purpose to introduce political and social equality between the white and black races. … I, as well as Judge Douglas, am in favor of the race to which I belong having the superior position. I have never said anything to the contrary.”

Lincoln also said that he was not and never had been “in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people.” (Pgs. 11/12)

The Emancipation Proclamation was nothing more than a political gimmick.

Lincoln, one of the nation’s preeminent lawyers, was careful to craft the Proclamation in a way that would guarantee that it would not emancipate any slaves. …

Lincoln’s own secretary of state, William Seward, mocked the Emancipation Proclamation by saying, “We show our sympathy with slavery by emancipating slaves where we cannot reach them and holding them in bondage where we can set them free.” (Pg. 36)

Lincoln ordered the arrest and imprisonment of virtually anyone who disagreed with his views. …

One victim of Lincoln’s suppression of Northern newspapers was Francis Key Howard of Baltimore, the grandson of Francis Scott Key. Howard was imprisoned in Fort McHenry, the very spot where his grandfather composed “The Star-Spangled Banner”, after the newspaper he edited criticized Lincoln’s decision to invade the South without the consent of Congress and his suppression of civil liberties in Maryland.

After spending nearly two years in a military prison without being charged and without a trial of any kind, Howard wrote a book about his experiences titled ‘The American Bastille’. (Pgs. 132-134)

Hundreds of Southern churches were put to the torch, and priests and ministers were imprisoned for not saying prayers for Abraham Lincoln. (Pg. 180)

Does this sound like a book you’d be interested in reading? It just so happens that I have an extra copy of it – a brand-spanking new $16.00 paperback – that I am willing to give away, free of charge. I’ll even cover the postage.

Below are photographs I took this past New Year’s Eve. The first person who can accurately tell me what is depicted in these pictures will receive my extra copy of ‘THE REAL LINCOLN: A New Look At Abraham Lincoln, His Agenda, And An Unnecessary War’.

It’s a rather abstract image and I kind of doubt anyone is going to guess correctly. Should this prize go unclaimed for the next two weeks, I’ll go to Plan B. I don’t know yet what Plan B is but I’ll come up with something. (Maybe a contest to see who can best tell me how handsome, brilliant and humble I am in 1,000 words or more.)

Good luck, y’all. (Gee, I sure hope someone enters this contest!)

I took two photographs of the same thing. What is it? Anyone? . . .





WE ALREADY HAVE A WINNER!

Congratulations to Farawayeyes!
She wrote: "Picture looks like your looking up someones Christmas lights. Inside of a tree, maybe?"

More than "maybe" - precisely.

Not far from where I work there is a small company - I don't even know what product they sell or service they provide - and they had created a large Christmas tree of lights against one side of their building. One night I stepped inside the middle of it and looked up. Why? I dunno. Just because I've always done weird things, and because there's still a remnant of the "little boy" in me.

Well, looking up through this Christmas tree, I thought: That would make a pretty neat, abstract photograph.

Several nights later I returned with my Brother's cell phone camera and took the pictures. Here's the full image:





~ Stephen T. McCarthy

YE OLDE COMMENT POLICY: All comments, pro and con, are welcome. However, ad hominem attacks and disrespectful epithets will not be tolerated (read: "posted"). After all, this isn’t Amazon.com, so I don’t have to put up with that kind of bovine excrement.
.

6 comments:

  1. Interesting. I already knew many of those 'Lincoln facts'.Sad but true. History is written the way we're supposed to see it, not the way it was.

    Of course,I would know about Lincoln. I'm born in Illinois and Ole Abe and I share the same birthday.

    Picture looks like your looking up someones Christmas lights. Inside of a tree,maybe? Probably not even close.

    I'll be back when I have more time to browse through some of the older posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FARAWAYEYES ~
    I'm pleasantly surprised to know that you were already aware of some of that stuffs about Lincoln; the average American would undoubtedly be shocked to learn those things.

    Slavery was more than just a "peculiar institution", it was a sin against mankind. But despite the fact that Lincoln gets credit for having ended it in America, the truth is that Lincoln was a great American villain! We have him to "thank" for much of what is wrong in America today. (Although Woodrow Wilson still gets my award for "All-Time Worst American President".)

    I was fearful that no one would even participate in this little game, hence my remark: "Gee, I sure hope someone enters this contest!"

    Boy, would that have made me look foolish if no one even played! That would have been nearly as bad as throwing a war that no one comes to. How does one live that down?

    >>...Picture looks like your looking up someones Christmas lights. Inside of a tree, maybe? Probably not even close.

    Yeah, not close.
    XACTLY RIGHT!

    Dang! You have a very artistic mind! I really thought it was too abstract for anyone to guess it correctly. It was taken on New Year's Eve (the end of the Christmas season) and it does plainly appear to be lights, so that was a big clue but, nevertheless, I figured no one was going to get it. I sure as hell didn't expect THE FIRST PERSON to get it.

    (My Brother said, "It looks a little like an airplane runway", and he was right but, of course, it was too obviously strands of lights for anyone to genuinely mistake it for a runway.)

    Well, CONGRATULATIONS!

    If you'd like the book, please put your address in a comment and I'll get it in the mail to you no later than this Monday.

    And don't worry, I'm the only person who will ever see your address. I have "Comment Moderation" turned on, so I will copy down your address and then delete your comment rather than posting it here.

    You dun good; I'm impressed!
    [See the full photos of the real thing, which I am about to add to the bottom of this blog bit.]

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, tell your brother, I thought of runway lights, but it would only be a runway seen by a pilot after 'Margarita Day" YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FARAWAYEYES ~
    I got the info. Thanks for playing, and I'm glad ya won!

    I'm now sorry I asked you to post your address in a comment rather than Emailing it to me, because I would have liked to have posted the rest of that comment and discussed it in greater detail.

    But, no worries, I'm trustworthy... the comment has already been copied in a Word File and deleted from the Blogspot system.

    I'll get the book out to you soon.

    I am really amazed by how much you apparently know about Insider Politics! Very, very few Americans are aware of the things you mentioned. Bravo!

    I kind of picked up a sense that you were somewhat more informed than average, but I sure didn't think you knew THAT much!

    For the record, my list of all-time worst American presidents would look like this:

    #1: Woodrow Wilson (for the reasons you mentioned). We will NEVER recover from the things he did to this nation!

    #2: FDR ("Some of my best friends are Communists." And he wasn't joking!)

    #3: George W. Bush (who edges out Lincoln only because he is from our era, even though Lincoln transgressed the Constitution in some similar ways and did it first).

    Hard to believe schmucks like Clinton 'n' Carter don't even make it onto my Top Four list, but it only goes to show how many truly awful presidents the American people have elected over time.

    Be watching your mail box...

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
  5. DARN your farawayeyes!

    I was gonna guess exactly that, but, alas... I just visited Stephen's McBlog too late to win. Congratulations on winning this interesting book!

    As you know, Stephen, I already have a copy of the book in question and I would have not accepted it. I'd have had you wait until the second guesser guessed.

    This subject of Presidents good and bad is an interesting one to me. Our lists of stinky Prezez is similar, but I've not yet put Bush as far up the poop-list as you have. He is there, mind you, but I have not done research into the 9/11 stuffs you've discussed so I've credited him only with stupidity and extreme lack of wisdom at this point, rather than undistilled evil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SHEBOYGANBOY SIX ~
    Yep, I knew you already had a copy of the book. You were the one person I didn't expect to see competing for it.

    "W": "undistilled evil".
    Yeah, that pretty well sums up his administration in two words. He used to love throwing around the charge "evil-doers". And as much as it has always been the case with Communists and other Liberals, it was just an example of "projection"; accusing your enemies of your own crimes. It's a well pedigreed and long-established tactic.

    At this point there is zero, zilch, nada, no doubt in my mind that 9/11 was primarily an "inside job", which led to nearly 3,000 American deaths (not counting the subsequent battlefield deaths), innocent foreign civilian deaths, warrantless wiretaps, uncharged prisoners (including Americans) held in military prisons, sexual groping or nude photos every time you want to fly, torture, and two big black eyes for America's reputation all over the world.

    Then, of course, the prosecution of border patrol agents for doing their jobs, and all the brain-dead butchering of the English language we had to endure for 8 tedious years while that retard "led us" to the modern police state.

    And the "war on terror" is ongoing and will likely never end.

    But the real linchpin of W's disastrous-- no, "traitorous" - administration is the 9/11 story.

    I have no doubt that after you take a good, hard look at that, W will rise on your "Stinky Prezez" list.

    And to think that at one time I actually had Clinton on my list. As Ann Coulter has said, Clinton left "a stain that might never come out", but he was even outdone by a Repugnantcan. Shame!

    Of course, Lincoln was a Repugnantcan too, so there is definitely an evil, tyrannical history to that party.

    Yak Later, Brotherman.

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete

--> NOTE: COMMENT MODERATION IS ACTIVATED. <--
All submitted comments that do not transgress "Ye Olde Comment Policy" will be posted and responded to as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to comment.