Tuesday, January 1, 2013

HAPPY 'MARGARITA DAY' - 2013


It's January 1st! You know what day that is, right?
That's right, it's . . .
.
"MARGARITA DAY!"
.
.
The Ultimate Margarita.
El Coyote Mexican Restaurant
7312 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA.
.
Margarita Day:
“A Tradition Since 1986, Except For 1994.”
.
And (sung to the tune of ‘Howdy Doody Time’) our theme song goes like this:
.
It’s Margarita Day! - It’s Margarita Day!
Hooray! - Hooray! – Hooray!
For Margarita Day!

.
.
“All the salty Margaritas in Los Angeles, I’m gonna drink ‘em up.” 
From ‘Desperados Under The Eaves’ by Warren Zevon
.
Well, 2012 is in the books, and mostly it was . . . 
shit crap SHIT!
.
Not since “Margarita Day, 1987” have I been this ecstatic to see a year in my rear-view mirror. “DIE, 2012, DIE!
.
We didn’t get exterminated on December 21, 2012 (unfortunately), which means we must endure another year. Bring on Bad Luck ’13 - “I’m ready for ya!”
.
Well, as the Hair Of The Dog often told me: "If it's worth doing, it's worth doing to the point of a hangover!"
.
Words of wisdom to live (and party) by. 
.
With that in mind, I’m gonna suggest you start 2013 out right: Have a Margarita. Heck, have TWO Margaritas. Oh, what the hell! Have THREE Margaritas and make it a menage a trois plus one! Sex with three 80-proof women named ‘Margarita’ – what could possibly be hotter (and cooler) than that?!
.
.
Photo of my ‘Margarita’ Christmas tree ornament;
a gift to me from The Flyin’ Aardvark.
.
Look, if you didn’t ‘Make A Wish For Tiny Tim on Christmas Day’ (and I know you didn’t), the least you can do is have a Margarita on ‘Margarita Day’.
.
I suggest all these great, new, imaginative holiday traditions to you people and none of y’all pick up the ball and run with it! Ya know, not until after I’m dead and cremated are ya gonna realize that a “creative genius" damned drunk was in your midst!
.
.
Photo of my ‘Pink Elephant With Champagne Glass’ Christmas tree ornament; an old gift to me from me.
.
.
I wish a HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of my friends, and especially to my ‘Magnificent Seven’ (u know who u b).
.
~ Stephen T. McCarthy 
.
YE OLDE COMMENT POLICY: All comments, pro and con, are welcome. However, ad hominem attacks and disrespectful epithets will not be tolerated (read: "posted"). After all, this isn’t Amazon.com, so I don’t have to put up with that kind of bovine excrement.
.

8 comments:

  1. CHEERS! And a very happy new year to you... here's to a year of long-lasting margaritas and short-lived hangovers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephen-

    Hope your 2013 is better than 2012....sounds like it has to be.

    My 2012 had ups and downs, so I can't complain too loudly.

    But 2013 is here whether I like it or not.

    However, how can it be Margarita Day when it's clearly Fireball Bourbon and Diet Coke Day?

    A tradition since 2013...

    LC

    ReplyDelete
  3. DOH!

    I both remembered AND forgot. I remembered to toss a coin and make the wish, but I forgot it was a Christmas wish! I did it earlier on New Years day 'cause I remembered it as an "New Year's resolution" sort of thing! My mind is not the steel trap it once was.

    Maybe the wish will have more power as a New Year thang than it has as a Christmas thang. It twaren't workin' the other way, anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUSAN ~
    An excellent toast that I'll drink to twelve times a night and eighteen times on weekend nights!

    TODDFAN DISCMAN ~
    >>... However, how can it be Margarita Day when it's clearly Fireball Bourbon and Diet Coke Day? A tradition since 2013...

    Ha!-Ha! I likes it! I really DO love traditions and I keep more of them than I could count and/or would publicly admit to. Why not a "Fireball Whisky and Diet Coke Day" tradition? (Psst. That Fireball stuffs is whisky but NOT bourbon. You know I know my booze, boy!)

    Over the Christmas holiday season (December), I actually tried Fireball Whisky for the first time. Nappy and I both liked it. BUT... there's just something about New Year's Day that makes Margaritas taste and slide down so good.

    A Happy New Year to ya, LC.


    SHEBOYGANBOY SIX ~
    The 'Make A Wish For Tiny Tim On Christmas Day' tradition -- you're right that "It twaren't workin'."

    Who knows? Maybe your added emphasis on New Year's Day will be the wish that gets Tiny over the hump and out of the 'One-Hit Wonder' category.

    Of course, Tiny Tim is mentioned in the "classic-est" Christmas story by Charles Dickens, 'A Christmas Carol', which is what makes the wish a Christmas tradition rather than a New Year's Day tradition. Nevertheless, I'm all for whatever WORKS - reasoning be damned - and so perhaps your New Year's Day wish will be just the ticket. Only 2013 knows fer sure.

    But thanks for making the wish, regardless of the day you done it on.

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't make it put if the house yesterday, do no Margaritas for me. I hope you drank mine.

    I did drop the coin for TT in my daughters landlords pond on Christmas Day.

    Still on the phone. Turns out it's not me. The largest server on island has been down all weekend still not back up and running.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAE ~
    No worries... I drank TWO Margaritas for you yesterday. Ha!

    And thanks a lot for 'Making A Wish For Tiny Tim On Christmas Day'! After work tonight I will add your name to the club members list.

    Well, glad to hear it's the server and NOT your computer that's broken. At least you know you'll eventually be back online when the issue is corrected. That's much better than you needing to replace a busted PC.

    Yak Later...

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    POSTSCRIPT: I wore the black T-shirt yesterday - a new shirt for a new year - and it fit just fine. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. >Psst. That Fireball stuffs is whisky but NOT bourbon

    That's funny-the bartender where I first heard of it keeps calling it bourbon.

    I did not even look at the label on the bottle I purchased for home medicinal use.

    LC

    ReplyDelete
  8. DISCDUDE ~

    "Home medicinal use" eh?
    Uh-huh. Yeah, me too.
    This bottle of Bacardi 151?
    I use it to keep cuts and scrapes
    from becoming infected.
    (It's also good medicine for
    chasing away the Blues.)

    Yeah, don't listen to bartenders - they rarely know what they're yakkin' about. Most of 'em should just pour and shut up.

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete

--> NOTE: COMMENT MODERATION IS ACTIVATED. <--
All submitted comments that do not transgress "Ye Olde Comment Policy" will be posted and responded to as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to comment.