Wednesday, September 18, 2013

SYRIA; THE PETRODOLLAR; AND BAD, BAD TIMIN’ (Or, I’VE BEEN CALLED ON THE CARPET)


On September 14TH, I posted a two-part blog bit, the first installment titled WHO ARE THE “GOOD GUYS”? (Or, THERE ARE NO “WHITE” HATS WHERE YOU FIND OIL) – PART 1 OF 2.

It seems a couple of my ‘Magnificent Seven’ thought it deserved more time front-‘n’-center on my blog. I guess I dun gud, but I had bad, bad timin’...

I have only one complaint - why on earth did you post it on the 14th, the day before you knew you would be putting up the next BOTB ('BATTLE OF THE BANDS')? This two-parter is far too important to get buried. I know the people you were writing it for would look for it, and most of your regulars will also scroll back, but on the chance someone else would have run across it up there front and center, I do wish you would have waited, and left it as the last thing posted for a little while.
~ FarAwayEyes

Yo, McCarthy, don't you know how a mullet's supposed to work? It's supposed to be business in the front, party in the back. Not the other way around. I almost missed these two very important posts with the BotB "party" up front!
~ Brother Beer Boy Bryan

I replied to 4-B with this:

Yours is the second complaint I've received about that. I knew it was BAD timing at the time I posted it, but I was behind on my promise to "deliver the goods", and decided to post it then (rather than wait even longer), knowing it would quickly be covered by 'HAIR'. ("Uhp! I'm an idiot!") Guess I'll have to do sumpthing about the overgrowth.
.
"SHE'S  SO  HEAVY"
.
You know, since “timing is everything”, we all hope to have good, good timin’:



But sometimes our timin’ ain’t what we’d wish.

In the process of ‘calling me on the carpet’, 4-B Old Soul linked me to a pretty good video, which I have added below:


.
LOOKING  FOR  A  FEW  GOOD  MEN  TO  PROTECT  THE  RACKET
.
Don't you ever get tired?
Don't you ever want to quit?
Yeah, it's been a long time
And you still don't fit

Dog tags on the mirror
Hangin' down from a chain
Give up little sister
This ain't gonna change

Yeah, and that little girl you used to know
Just don't come around no more
Now she ain't there to watch the door
She don't wanna die in no liquor store

I hope they all made money, I hope they all get rich
Yeah, I hope they give hell to every son-of-a-bitch
That put a man on the carpet or stuck him out on the line
Whatever let him get a taste of the criminal life 
~ Tom Petty
‘The Criminal Kind’
from the album ‘Hard Promises’ (1981)

In an effort to improve my bad, bad timin’, I am posting a link to my too-quickly buried two-part blog bit ‘bout (Bush ‘n’ ‘Bama’s) bullshit. Read it... or miss it for the second time.


~ Stephen T. McCarthy

YE OLDE COMMENT POLICY: All comments, pro and con, are welcome. However, ad hominem attacks and disrespectful epithets will not be tolerated (read: "posted"). After all, this isn’t Amazon.com, so I don’t have to put up with that kind of bovine excrement.
.

2 comments:

  1. Good deal! Now I don't have to tell people to scroll back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good points made by all. I didn't see the posts until after the BOTB post had gone up and I happened to see the PetroDollar post below it.

    Lee
    Wrote By Rote

    ReplyDelete

--> NOTE: COMMENT MODERATION IS ACTIVATED. <--
All submitted comments that do not transgress "Ye Olde Comment Policy" will be posted and responded to as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to comment.